Friday, December 10, 2010

Spirometry - Pulmonary Lung Function testing (PFT)

Who should have a lung function test?

Spirometry machine used to perform a PFT

Spirometry is most common of the pulmonary function tests (PFT), measuring lung function, specifically measuring the amount of volume and/or speed flow of air that can be inhaled or exhaled.
Spirometry is an important tool to assist in accessing lung condition, lung health issues and lung function.
In the photos below;

One of the many pulmonary function tests I've endured to determine the complex lung health issues of my diagnosis of "Mounier-Kuhn syndrome". This time though, I was asked if a class of nurses could observe my testing. 

I hope they walked away with further information on the importance of this spirometer equipment, and never forget how they were enlightened about what in the world MKS is!

Who then should have a lung function test? 
(Hint; Watch the movie below, for you'll be surprised ....)


No comments: